Monday 15 October 2012


We thought having arrived at Aynho we would go and explore the village about a mile and a half from the canal all up hill.  So set off cycling along the towpath.  Paul seems to think that you will all be interested to know that I fell off my bike.  Think he is just annoyed that he didn’t see it happening, just looked up to see my bike on the towpath but no sign of me!  I was fully expecting to land with a splash, but thankfully it was with a soft thud in a reed bed.  Couldn’t get up though so had to wait for Paul to reach me and pull! That was last Tuesday, so nearly a week ago now.  Have a lovely bruise on my leg!  Finally made to Oxford on Thursday.  We were moored a bit out of the town so Friday morning found us back on our bikes to cycle in to the town.  Having looked around we decided to move to the end of the Oxford Canal.  To do this we had to go through Isis Lock in order to turn, cruise back through the lock, then Paul had to travel for about a quarter of a mile in reverse!  That was very, hummm, interesting!  Not helped by the wind.  But we made it safely.  On Saturday Julie came to see us. A friend who we have know since we lived in Abingdon about 37 years ago.  It was lovely to catch up on all our news.  Sunday morning we left Oxford and are now heading north again.  Heading now for Banbury and the laundrette.

No comments:

Post a Comment