Sunday 4 November 2012


Well it has been a while since I last posted anything here. Last time I wrote we were at Fenny Compton, well we ended up staying there longer than intended as Paul had a 'bout of gout'! Not very pleasant as he was in quite a lot of pain and not able to walk very well. Which meant I had to do tasks like filling the coal bucket and fetching the newspaper! It also meant he couldn't stand for long at the tiller and steer the boat. I did offer but I think the thought of that gave him more pain than he was getting from his foot!! Any way we finally were on the move again and a couple of days saw us back at Braunston. From there we had intended to get the bus into Daventry for shopping in Tesco and Aldi. However Paul still wasn't able to walk very far and I don't think I could have carried all the shopping we needed. So ended up on line with Tesco as we were headed for Yelvertoft Marina, where we started out from.. So that is where we are now. We arrived on Friday and happily our shopping arrived on Saturday! Last night was a Halloween Party here held in the marquee. It was an excellent evening, some good costumes, good food and company. We will be staying here now for a few days catching up with friends that we made when we were first on board.
Next stop Leicester way, so until then bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment