Thursday 14 February 2013


Well Monday saw us finally move on.  Quite an easy day really and we didn’t go far.  Well Tuesday more than made up for that, we travelled 5 miles with 12 locks!  Phew, with Paul at the tiller and me ashore.  The locks were quite heavy going, in particular one gate and one ground paddle which were really hard to shift, but I made it in the end and Paul didn’t have to get off to help me.  This year I shall have to get more into the boat handling, leaving Paul to cope with big lock gates etc.  I do like working the locks much better though.
Yesterday there were no locks just a tunnel so I stayed inside while Paul was out in the cold.  And it was very cold and later started to snow, but we have made it safely to Debdale Wharf.  Seems like we will be here for a while as an engineer has just been on board and removed our alternator!  So it looks like we are finally getting our electric problems properly sorted.

So that’s all for now, it will probably be next week before I post again.

No comments:

Post a Comment