Saturday 8 June 2013

Well we arrived at Merry Hill on Wednesday.  The canal works its way along the side of a hill and in the hollow below is a HUGE shopping mall.  We needed to get a map as we kept getting lost!  I did leave Paul pottering about on board on Thursday whilst I went off on my own for some retail therapy.  He didn’t need to panic though as all I came back with was bread and some other groceries.  On Thursday we did turn and moor back in the same place so we were facing the right way to set off this morning.  We are now on the BCNS Explorer Cruise.  There are about 18 boats.  I am sure we made a curious sight last night all gathered on the bank getting to know each other and the plan for the week ahead.  So, as last time I write this as we are travelling through the Gosty Tunnel.  This time the tunnel light is working fine and we are travelling in the opposite direction.  So tomorrow we will have turned to come back through here again, closely followed by Netherton Tunnel.  Once we come out the other side of there we will be starting on fresh waters for us.  Well I can see the light at the end of the tunnel so this is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment